The International Standard ISO 9001: 2015 defines the general requirements of a Quality Management System, to which companies / organizations who wish to demonstrate their ability to provide products and / or services that are on the one hand governed by quality and on the other hand meet the requirements of customers and legislation, should comply. ISO 9001: 2015 can be applied by all companies and organizations (private and public) regardless of their type, size and projects.
- It improves the followed procedures or compliments them with new ones aiming at their performance enhancement.
- It ensures the expected quality of products/services based on specifications.
- It ensures compliance with laws, regulations and/ or standard provisions related to its activities.
- It assists in managing identified risks for the organization and its operation.
- It demonstrates to clients the expertise, consistency and reliability of the supply of products / services.
- It increases the client satisfaction and trust in the organization.
- It strengthens its prestige and competitiveness and consolidates the organization in national and international markets.
- It optimizes resource and time management, reduces production costs and increases organization sustainability.
- It enhances the human resources’ sense of responsibility in terms of quality management.